Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Morning 3-Ingredient Hazelnut Mini Granola Bars

While I usually have a Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast, there are days where I do crave something sweet. I love granola, but since I hardly ever get to eat breakfast at home, I need something more portable. These 3-Ingredient Hazelnut Mini Granola Bars are that, and more. They are highly customizable, easy to put together, and you can easily halve or double the batch, depending on your needs. I also like these as a pre-workout snack on days I need a little more carbs.

Hazelnut Mini Granola Bars Bite

I’m a big fan of hazelnuts. They are energy-dense and have been studied for both increasing memory and decreasing anxiety. Most commercial nut butters have added sugars, so I just make my own by grinding hazelnuts in  the food processor—you can substitute this for a ready-made butter, or any nut butter you prefer.

Granola Bar Ingredients

  • ½ cup raw honey
  • 1 cup of hazelnut butter
  • 3 cups of gluten-free oats OR your favorite granola (I use BOLA)

Hazelnut Mini Granola Bars Ingredients

Heat up the oven to 350F. In a small saucepan, melt the honey and the hazelnut butter together until well incorporated. Pour the mixture into the oats or granola and mix well. Pour it into a silicone mini-muffin pan or a 9” baking pan, and bake it for 15 minutes. Let it cool, and cut them into 1” x 1” squares, if baked in a pan. Bars can be stored in an air-tight container.

Hazelnut Mini Granola Bars Recipe

Whether you have them for breakfast or as a snack, I hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do. Let me know if and how you customize yours in the comments.

The post My Morning 3-Ingredient Hazelnut Mini Granola Bars appeared first on Supplement Your Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment